Python is powerful… and fast; plays well with others; runs everywhere; is friendly & easy to learn; is Open.
These are some of the reasons people who use Python would rather not use anything else.
Python can be easy to pick up whether you’re a first time programmer or you’re experienced with other languages. The following pages are a useful first step to get on your way writing programs with Python!
- Beginner’s Guide, Programmers
- Beginner’s Guide, Non-Programmers
- Beginner’s Guide, Download & Installation
- Code sample and snippets for Beginners
The Python Package Index (PyPI) hosts thousands of third-party modules for Python. Both Python’s standard library and the community-contributed modules allow for endless possibilities.
- Web and Internet Development
- Database Access
- Desktop GUIs
- Scientific & Numeric
- Software & Game Development
Friendly & Easy to Learn
The community hosts conferences and meetups, collaborates on code, and much more. Python’s documentation will help you along the way, and the mailing lists will keep you in touch.
- Conferences and Workshops
- Python Documentation
- Mailing Lists and IRC channels
Python is developed under an OSI-approved open source license, making it freely usable and distributable, even for commercial use. Python’s license is administered by the Python Software Foundation.
- Learn more about the license
- Python license on OSI
- Learn more about the Foundation